Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Veggie Tacos



As part of my quest for better health, I've decided to eat less meat. Since I already limit the types of meat I eat, the only real change is in how often I eat meat. For last night's dinner, I made vegetarian tacos. 

Everything about this meal was the same as any other time I've made tacos, but I replaced the beef with lentils, and I opted for a tortilla made with spinach to add some more nutritional value to my meal.

The "Recipe"
- 1/2 cup of lentils (measured before cooking)
- 1/2 of a shallot
- 1/2 of a jalapeƱo
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 of a tomato
- fresh cilantro
- fresh lime juice
- chili powder, cayenne powder, garlic powder, minced onion, salt, and black pepper to taste
- jasmine rice, flavored with adobo and coconut oil
- spring mix lettuce
- shredded cheese

I'm really pleased with how the tacos turned out, even if they're technically burritos! I didn't miss the meat at all. 

 

1 comment: