Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

From-Scratch Southern Family Dinner

I usually avoid eating fried foods, so tonight's dinner was a treat. I don't like the taste of most fried foods, but I do like fried chicken. So I decided to make chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans.

I would love to have a cooking show or channel on Youtube, but I'd be terrible at it. I'm a messy chef, and I could probably never tell you exactly what I did to make something. Even if I use a recipe, I don't follow it to the letter.

The Chicken
- Chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 eggs
- flour, sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic powder
- 1/2 vegetable oil, 1/2 extra virgin olive oil

The Potatoes
- 6 red potatoes (skins on)
- salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- whipping cream
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- parmesan cheese

The Green Beans
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- smidgen of butter
- dried onion flakes


It was all yummy too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment