Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Why Am I Writing This Blog?

I was inspired to create this blog after I saw a challenge to artists, writers, and musicians for them to create something everyday. I've long aspired to be an artist, a writer, and a musician, but I have never called myself any of those things. Writers write. Musicians create music. Artists practice their skills. Since I began studying at university, I no longer seemed to be able to practice music or drawing every day. My stories and poems were replaced with academic writing.

College is where many people discover who they are. Instead, I became less myself semester by semester. I'm not heartbroken that I wasn't handed a job in education as soon as I graduated. In some ways, I regret deciding to study education instead of graphic design or art. 

Part of my whole create something every day mission is to figure out what I want to do with my life, to feel more productive. I think it's a start.  

1 comment: