Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Veggie Burgers!

Today I'm feeling pretty blah. Maybe it's because I stayed up until four in the morning after building that tv stand last night and got up early this morning. Today is not a day for trying out the new miniature sewing machine I bought yesterday. (Seriously, that thing has some of the most complicated directions I've ever seen.) And with the luck I've had with sewing lately, it's not a day to sew at all.

I decided to make one of my favorite meals: veggie burgers. I'm not a vegetarian, but I have actually enjoyed some veggie burgers more than burgers made with meat. I would like to learn how to make my own veggie burger patties some day. I've found recipes that look good, but I haven't collected all the ingredients. A downside to living with family is that it's really hard to cook a meal if I'm the only one who's going to eat it. Living alone has the advantage in this case; no one is going to make fun of my dinner if I live by myself. And if it's inedible, no one ever has to know. But for today, I used spicy black bean frozen veggie burger patties.

I use the same toppings for my veggie burgers every time, calling them my "famous" veggie burgers. I cook the patty in a little bit of olive oil and vegan Worcestershire sauce. I add a little pepper (but no salt, there is already a lot of salt in the sauce). Then I brown each side. I spread a little pesto on a bun (usually just toasted bread), add lettuce, sundried tomatoes, and feta cheese. Finally, I add the patty and chow down.




1 comment: