Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Nail Art Fail

I'm a pretty low-maintenance girl. Low-maintenance as in almost clueless about make up, nail polish, hair styling, and anything beyond basic grooming. Most attempts result in smeared make up, lumpy nail polish, and half-used and abandoned beauty products littering my bathroom.

Now that I'm an unemployed college graduate, I spend way too much time on Tumblr and Pinterest, where I see lots of cute designs for nails. Nails that I probably will never have because, honestly, nail polish is just a way to keep me from biting the hell out of my nails. But I'm not patient enough for nails that are studded with rhinestones or intricate designs.

So I decided to try a nail design that's a little more "me." I started with a solid color.



Shitty cell phone pictures because I can't use my real camera single-handed.

Next, I put tape to mark off the tips of my nails.

Tapey-tape monsterrrr!

 Next, I painted on this really neat looking chrome polish.

Then I waited forever for them to dry. :(
   

Behold! The final product!





No comments:

Post a Comment