Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Build Your Own Furniture (sort of)

I've tried my hardest to keep this blog updated daily, but yesterday I had to settle for completing a project without having time to write about it. I'd rather not post too many half-assed posts. ;-)

Yesterday, I got a new tv. Since my sister moved out and took our old tv stand with her (okay, it was an ugly coffee table I didn't want), my parents agreed to get me a new one. We ended up buying one of those build-your-own furniture hobby kits. You know, the kind with a million different pieces and about fifty pages of instructions? That kind. It came in a box and weighed sixty-five pounds. Seriously, its weight was labeled on the box.

We bought it, brought it home, and left it sitting in the living room, where it would have stayed if I had not decided to lug it upstairs myself. My dad is many things, but prompt is not one of them. That thing would have remained un-assembled for at least a month if it had been left up to him. So I dragged that 65 pound motherfucker up the stairs and started putting it together. I'd built a bookshelf like this before, so I didn't think the tv stand would be much different.



Clearly I was wrong about that.


But look at me go!

Even though it looks like it's mostly finished, this was really only the halfway point.

And here is everything all set up!


No comments:

Post a Comment