Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Adventures in Slow Cooking

I've been battling a migraine for two days. Like seriously, it's as if a sinus headache morphed into a migraine that had a baby with another migraine, so today's creation is a bit utilitarian...dinner! Since I wasn't feeling well, I decided to use a slow cooker. My dinner preparations began around lunch time.

These are pork ribs, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, dehydrated onion, and fajita seasoning.

I put them in the slow cooker with one container of barbeque sauce (I used Jack Daniels brand) and about half a cup of Coca Cola. I added some cayenne pepper because the sauce and cola were a bit sweet.

This is what they looked like after about seven hours on low heat.

I also made garlic parmesan mashed potatoes and creamed corn with the barbeque ribs. I forgot to snap a pic of a plated dish before I chowed down. Alas, I am still learning how to run a blog! Tomorrow's creation will also be a food adventure, but of the dessert variety!

1 comment: